CityLink has been designed to support both the unemployed and those in our community who are already working but are seeking to increase their economic stability. This happens through a variety of partner organizations who deliver services on site. However, the majority of these services happen during the hours of a regular workday, making it very difficult for the targeted working population to engage. Services that are offered during evening hours are still a struggle for clients to attend due to family conflicts, fatigue after working a full day, and other barriers such as transportation; making it difficult to get to CityLink in time to attend classes or appointments.
CityLink is committed to finding a solution that will allow our working population to access services that will continue to advance their lives. Therefore, we have worked with our partner organizations to determine appropriate programming that will support our clients in reaching their goals and we will be piloting Saturday hours beginning June 11th.
This also means, we will have Additional Volunteer Opportunities during these Saturdays! We’ll be hosting a special Weekend Volunteer Orientation on Saturday June 4th from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. here at the Center. To sign up for this orientation, please click here. If you are a current volunteer, no need to attend another orientation! Shifts will be available for signup online soon.
HERE’S ALL THE DETAILS:
- CityLink will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of June, July and August.
- June 11th & June 25th
- July 9th & July 23rd
- August 13th & 27th
- Summer Saturday Programming to include:
- New Client Information Session 10:00-12:00 noon
- Onsite Childcare
- Cincinnati Works AdvanceYou Career Development Program
- Per Scholas Network+ Program (must have CompTIA A+ certification)
- Various SmartMoney Workshops and 1:1 Financial Counseling Appointments
- ChangingGears Information Sessions, Classes and Sweat Equity
- Clothing Connection Appointments